I normally post a book review or the like every Monday and post this sort of thing on some Wednesdays and was planning to do this one this Wednesday but I ironically haven’t been able to do much reading lately and this is ready to go, so here it is.
- ULTRAMAN’S UPCOMING MARVEL COMICS ADVENTURES COVER AND STORY DETAILS REVEALED | Ultraman Galaxy. Not a comics guy, but I’m hoping the comics will lead back to TV or a movie or something. And then a new Space Giants! 😉
- THE SKINNER: Censor Censorship. Asher has another great reprint.
- Being Faithful to Old Raymond Z. Gallun | Futures Past and Present. A review of a more famous Gallun story than I did for his birthday. Edit: Here’s the same deal for Piper, as well: Piper’s “Omnilingual” | Futures Past and Present .
- Our Gateways Into Fantasy – The Fantasy Inn. I found out about this thanks to .matthew. on a posting board. If anyone wanted to do such a thing for science fiction, I would be very interested and appreciative.
- Exoplanet Climatology: Surprising Find from ESPRESSO. Raining iron.
- Jupiter’s Great Red Spot may be shrinking, but its thickness is steady | Space. “It’s shrinking! It’s shrinking!”
- How small are neutron stars? | Astronomy.com. This is unusual: two astronomy articles on the little rather than the big.
- The History Blog » Tiny new bird dinosaur found in amber. I guess the skull strength indicates that it’s not immature? Because that’s the first explanation for the size that occurs to me, but that isn’t addressed. Still several weird attributes aside from that, though.
- The History Blog » #UffiziDecameron. I have done and will do my best to avoid the current event aspect of this, since I think there’s enough out there if you want it and some might welcome a reprieve but, since I’d also thought about the wonderful Decameron and there are nice, upbeat things about this article, I thought I’d share this one.
- The top ten Calvin and Hobbes reprints from January and February: Safety Last – Snow Surgery – Scientific Progress Goes Boink (first of a series that’s all good and mostly great) – Winter Peace – Show and Tell – Port Authority – Sled Astray – Ars Longa? (first in another great series) – Mobile Life – Monster Over the Bed.
- Flogging Babel: My Invisible Collection. Michael Swanwick has brought something for show and tell.
- Former Sacred Reich Guitarist Jason Rainey Dies Of Apparent Heart Attack – Blabbermouth.net. One of my favorite bands…
Sacred Reich – “Surf Nicaragua”
Sacred Reich – “Just Like That” (co-written by Jason)
One thought on “Links: 2020-03-23”
Pingback: Links: 2020-08-26 | Featured Futures