- Astrobiological Science Fiction. Free book with some great stuff! (Courtesy of Julie Novakova/European Astrobiological Institute via Centauri Dreams.)
- Drinking Dry Quarantinis In Cancerland | Ceci N’est Pas Une Blog. Pat Cadigan lifts our spirits again.
- Three by Wellman | Adventures Fantastic. I reviewed “O Ugly Bird” for Wellman’s birthday. Here are reviews of three more Wellman stories at Adventures Fantastic.
- Black Gate » The Art of Author Branding: The Paperback Robert Silverberg. This is a reflection on visual marketing, using Silverberg (and Niven, and others) as an example.
- Paleontologists have identified the earliest evidence of Homo sapiens in Europe | Popular Science. Hwoogh!
- Sabine Hossenfelder: Backreaction: Is faster-than-light travel possible? Whoosh!
- The History Blog » Norway to excavate first Viking ship burial mound in 100 years. If you have a Viking ship, remember to never fertilize your fungus. Of course. I knew that.
- Seen on a posting board: “We accidentally blew up all the monkeys in the lab today… all that’s left are Rhesus pieces.” (No animals were harmed in the making of this joke.)
- Calvin and Hobbes: Ka… Zam! / Paper Tiger Book Review / Spaceman Spitt / Calvinball! / UFOs / Stupendous Man! / Making Life Great Again
Remembering one star and two satellites of stars…
Little Richard – “Lucille” (Richard Penniman died before the last “Links” post but the other tunes in it had a mood that this didn’t fit in with, while this week is more eclectic.)
The Great Society – “Grimly Forming” (Jerry Slick – who gave Grace Wing the name she’s known by and who played drums in her first band along with his brother Darby – also died.)
Patti Smith Group – “Space Monkey” (Ivan Kral died. He co-wrote some songs including this and played bass and guitar.)