After recommending a story from the March/April issue and one from May/June and two from September/October, I have at most a couple of honorable mentions for stories in the November/December, but here’s the full review:
Reviewed what is ordinarily a very interesting webzine in which I’ve always found something of special interest (and sometimes several things of great interest) but this issue was unfortunately atypical.
- “In Everlasting Wisdom” by Aliette de Bodard (SF short story *)
- “Command and Control” by David D. Levine (SF short story *)
- “Heavies” by Rich Larson (SF short story)
- “Weather Girl” by E. J. Swift (SF novelette *)
- “ZeroS” by Peter Watts (SF novelette)
The Teardrop Method can be considered a tiny collection but it’s packaged as a novella with a bonus story and, since the story is a reprint, it’s reviewed strictly as a novella. That makes it my first chapbook novella review.
BCS saved the best for last this month (coincidentally, as they’re biweekly and not monthly).
- “Gallows Girl” by Mel Kassel (fantasy short story)
As promised, the review of this month’s second issue of BCS is available for reading at Tangent.
Recommended: None. (This wasn’t even as good as #231.)