The following is a categorized list of all SFWA-qualifying “magazines and short fiction venues.” The categories are accurate to the best of my knowledge but I welcome corrections. The periodicals I currently cover have links to the magazine’s website and to the relevant recommendations/reviews on this site. Unless otherwise noted, the coverage of the webzines begins in 2017 and the regular coverage of the others begins in 2018.
General SF/F/H Magazines
Monthly (or so)
- Analog Science Fiction and Fact (Reviews)
- Ares Magazine (Reviews)
- Asimov’s Science Fiction (Reviews)
- The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction (Reviews)
- Orson Scott Card’s InterGalactic Medicine Show
- Apex (Reviews)
- Clarkesworld Magazine (Reviews)
- Compelling Science Fiction (Reviews)
- Flash Fiction Online (Reviews)
- Galaxy’s Edge Magazine (Reviews) [covered from 2018-01/02]
- Lightspeed Magazine (Reviews) [covered weekly through April 2018]
- Nightmare Magazine (Reviews) [covered weekly through April 2018]
- Uncanny Magazine (Reviews)
Weekly (or so)
Since December 2017, all the zines in this section have been covered in “Weekly Webzine Wrap-Ups.” The “Recs” links bring up recommendations prior to December 2017, though they also bring up recommendations from the Wrap-Ups, links to Tangent reviews, etc.
(From April 2018 (retroactively from January) I’ll also cover Slate‘s pro-paying “Future Tense Fiction” which will produce a story a month for at least this year.)
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies (Recs)
- Daily Science Fiction
- Diabolical Plots
- Fireside Fiction
- Futures (Nature) (Recs)
- Strange Horizons (Recs)
- Terraform (Motherboard) (Recs)
- Tor.com (Recs)
- Cicada [defunct]
- Dark Discoveries [defunct]
- Grantville Gazette [shared-world alternate history]
- Grievous Angel (Recs) [defunct as of 2018-08; covered from 2017-11 (retroactively to 2017-01)]
- Future Affairs Administration [Chinese SF]
- Star Citizen Jump Point Magazine [shared-world gaming]
Children’s Magazines (Only Partly SF/F/H)
- Cast of Wonders
- Escape Pod
- Arc Manor
- Grim Oak Press
- Marion Zimmer Bradley Literary Works Trust
- Writers of the Future Anthology
- Zombies Need Brains
- 2017-12-01: Page created.
- 2018-04-19: After an unrecorded period, I added this ChangeLog. Previously the covered zines were split into Print-/E-/Web-zines and the latter were split into Monthly/Weekly. Now all are split into Monthly/Weekly and then into Print-/E-/Web-zines. Updated and clarified “weekly” zine coverage. Added Slate/Future Tense Fiction note. Corrected wrong header levels. Italicized magazine titles within lists.
- 2018-04-29: Moved Lightspeed and Nightmare from weekly to monthly.
- 2018-08-29: Moved the defunct Grievous Angel from Weekly/Webzines to Other/Misc.
- 2018-09-05: Moved Cicada from Children’s Magazines to Other/Misc (defunct). Thanks to Black Gate for the info.