- THE SKINNER: The Ever-Expanding Polity. Some things still aren’t sufficiently contextualized for the new reader but this is a good intro to Asher’s ~19 volumes in multiple sub-series which make up the super-series.
- Decameron Project is creating communities and writing stories | Patreon. James Cambias has a story for this project which aims to exchange short stories for money for relief of the Italians hit by this modern plague. When linking to a post at The History Blog (which was also about The Decameron) in the last links post, I said I wasn’t going to talk about this much here, but I think this is a reasonable exception.
- Weinbaum’s “The Mad Moon” | Futures Past and Present / Kuttner’s “Endowment Policy” | Futures Past and Present / Wearing The Mask of Circe | Adventures Fantastic. I did Weinbaum’s “Parasite Planet” and Kuttner’s “The Proud Robot” (plus George O. Smith’s “QRM – Interplanetary”) for a “Birthday Review” and here are reviews of two different stories by those authors plus a Kuttner novel.
- The Degenerate Era: When the universe stops making stars | Astronomy.com. Perspective, I guess.
- Scientists calculate age of massive neutron star crash that helped form our solar system | Space. There’s gold in them thar neutron star mergers!
- The History Blog » Synchrotron casts light on dino embryos. What, me evolve?
- Calvin and Hobbes: Father knows best / There’s no time like the future.
Two almost completely different things here…