- SF and Nonsense: 2019 best reads
- Just The Caffeine Talking: A Lovecraftian Chronology
- Beloved ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ Actor René Auberjonois Dies at 79 | Space
- Sabine Hossenfelder: Backreaction: Dark energy might not exist after all
- Sabine Hossenfelder: Backreaction: How Scientists Can Avoid Cognitive Bias
- NASA’s ‘Treasure Map’ of Water Ice on Mars Shows Where Humans Should Land | Space
- The History Blog » Elizabeth I’s translation of Tacitus found
- Archaeologists in Greece find 3,500-year-old royal tombs
- The History Blog » Two princely tombs found near Griffin Warrior tomb in Pylos. A second take on the above item.
- Evangelical magazine Christianity Today: Trump must go.
- Justin Amash on Impeachment: Republicans Are Betraying the ‘Principles and Values They Once Claimed To Cherish’ – Reason.com.
- Jeff Flake: The president is on trial. So are my Senate Republican colleagues. – The Washington Post. If you follow just one link from this post, this is the one. “Ask yourself today: Has the president changed his behavior? Has he grown in office? Has the mantle of the presidency altered his conduct?… Next, ask yourself: If the president’s conduct hasn’t changed, has mine?”
My Top 10 Calvin and Hobbes strips by Bill Watterson posted on GoComics from July to December:
- July 12, 2019. A new way to eat ice cream.
- July 13, 2019. On being a super-genius
- September 01, 2019. Spaceman Spiff!
- September 15, 2019. Face the green stuff.
- October 16, 2019. Learning.
- November 06, 2019. On intelligent life in the universe.
- December 10, 2019. Trying to be good for Christmas I.
- December 11, 2019. Trying to be good for Christmas II.
- December 26, 2019. Snowman art.
- December 28, 2019. A new year and decade: Where’s my flying car?