Just a string of anniversaries lately. Seventy-five years and we’re in danger of losing what they fought for but we honor them for that fight and those great years we’ve received.
- Normandy landings – Wikipedia.
- SF writer James Cambias has a superb and short reflection on this: Just The Caffeine Talking: June 6.
- A Giant Hole in the Martian Atmosphere Is Venting All Its Water into Space | Space.
- Could a supernova have made humans bipedal? | Astronomy.com.
- Here’s Why Astronomers Are So Worried About SpaceX’s Planned ‘Megaconstellation’ | Space.
- PBS Series ‘Chasing the Moon’ Takes a New Look at the Apollo-Era Space Race | Space.
- The Grammarphobia Blog: Trouble’s weird sister. Another example of “Theory” people not quite speaking English. (See Orwell on language.)
- The History Blog » Long-lost Lewis Chessman for sale. Interesting for all, indispensable for chess fans. That’s quite a return on an investment, as well.
- xkcd: Alternate Histories. Speculative humor.
- xkcd: A/B. Funny for some, hilarious for those who hack history.
- The Art of Darkness » Seen Online. Supervillains and spiders.
- xkcd: Swimming. Something probably everyone can relate to.