- Site news: Collated Contents of the Year’s Bests (2018 Stories, Links). Added Afsharirad’s The Year’s Best Military & Adventure SF: Volume 5.
- 1939-03-08 Peter Nicholls
- 1955-03-09 Pat Murphy
- 1918-03-10 Theodore R. Cogswell
- 1938-03-10 Marvin Kaye
- 1952-03-11 Douglas Adams
- 1925-03-12 Harry Harrison
- 1855-03-13 Percival Lowell
- 1966-03-13 Alastair Reynolds
- 1879-03-14 Albert Einstein
The data in this section is from the ISFDB. ISFDB entries usually have SFE and/or Wikipedia links for biographies. For free works of older authors online, try sites like FreeSFOnline, Archive.org, Gutenberg, or PoemHunter.com.
- Cognitive biases that affect decisions – Business Insider. From Backreaction: Check your Biases.
- Asteroids are stronger, harder to destroy than previously thought.
- How did reading and writing evolve? Neuroscience gives a clue.
- Pondering the ‘Dyson Slingshot’ / Investigating the ‘Halo Drive’ / Black Hole Propulsion as Technosignature. A series from Centauri Dreams on a theoretical star drive. The middle article is the key one (and readers may get a kick out of the ship used as an example in the illustration).
- SF and Nonsense: So much physics news. So little time.
- Mount Vesuvius Didn’t Kill Everyone in Pompeii. Where Did the Survivors Go?
- The History Blog » Raphael’s School of Athens cartoon restored.
- Being Laconic Is Harder Than You Think – Learn Fun Facts. Like Pascal’s apology.
- Calvin and Hobbes: a couple from The Great Propeller-Beanie Sequence: #1, #2.
- xkcd: Light Pollution.
- Clarkesworld Magazine: Electronic Music, Science Fiction, and AIs: A Conversation with Jean-Michel Jarre by Neil Clarke.