- 1956-09-27 Sheila Williams
- 1960-09-30 Nicola Griffith (read online)
- 1914-10-01 Donald A. Wollheim (read online)
- 1948-10-01 Mike Ashley
- 1906-10-02 Willy Ley
- 1944-10-02 Vernor Vinge (read online)
- Hayabusa2: Successful Rover Deployment at Asteroid Ryugu.
- Dust storms on Titan spotted for the first time.
- SF and Nonsense: Of the universe. (Five excellent links: water on the moon, mission to Jupiter’s Trojan asteroids, when stars collide and release radioactive molecules, and a couple of hits against string theory’s supposed multiple dimensions and the “ether moment” of supposed dark matter/energy.)
- Scientists investigate how DEET confuses countless critters.
Calvin and Hobbes (from GoComics)
- Heavy metal music is inclusive and governed by rules of etiquette. A double-double this week. It’s always… odd… when people try to get academic about un-academic things. So I’ve got a couple about the good friendly violent fun when you go into the pit. But I was also still feeling echoes from last week’s “Spider-Man” cover and have a couple more great ones of those.
Exodus – “Toxic Waltz”
Testament – “Into the Pit” (live)
Violent Femmes – “Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah (Means I Love You)” (The Jetsons)
Butthole Surfers – “Underdog” (Underdog)